Friday, April 11, 2014

Well that was strange...

Yesterday, I was riding my new bicycle through an area near Downtown Louisville.
As I crossed an intersection, I rode a little bit more and I heard a horrible thud and scrapping sounds. There was a scream from a woman and a “oh shit”. I knew something horrible had happened. Someone just got hit by a car or something. I've heard the sound before.
I turned my head to see a shoe fall to the street and a shitty pink bicycle come rest. To the right of the intersection, a black teen laid in the street. So, this older teen had just been struck by a car...actually a big ass SUV. He had a female companion who also had a bike too standing on the sidewalk. She did nothing to really help her struck partner. The SUV hit him so hard that it knocked him out of his shoe and as well as off the bike.
To everyone's surprise, the teen got up. He actually leaped up as if being struck by a SUV was a minor discomfort for him. He grabbed his now messed up bicycle and shoe and headed over to the sidewalk to his female friend. They stood there for a minute.
I shook my head. I busted a U-Turn and headed for the guy driving the SUV, who was now calling the cops. I spoke to him.
He ran the red light and I hit him,” the older SUV driver stated to me. He was clearly shaken. “He refused to give me his name. And, he says he's okay. I need to call this in for insurance purposes. Look at the damage.”
There was some deep scratches on the hood where the bike impacted.
The teen and his female friend started to walk away as if nothing happened! The teen wanted NOTHING to do with the accident, which indicted he didn't want to talk to the cops. I guessed he was either high or had some warrants. The teen couldn't be bothered to stay around. How does one react in such a manner after getting hit by a damn SUV?
The teen and his friend made it about half a block before the cop showed up. We showed where the teen was located and the cop rolled over there to stop the teen. I left after that, but not before the driver of the SUV thanked me for staying with him until the cop showed up. I guess he just needed someone to talk to.
I am not sure what happened to the teen after that. That's just nuts.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47