Wednesday, May 11, 2022

The new 2022 quarters




 

  

Have you noticed anything different about the US quarters lately? A random guy at work came up to me and told me that the new US quarters have Washington’s head facing the other direction.  And, he’s right.  The new coins have George Washington’s head facing right instead of left.  

 

So, I looked it up.  It appears the US mint is doing some reverse coins up until 2025.  The backing of the quarters is entirely different, with artwork detailing famous women from history.  Looking at some YT videos, the new design comes from an old one.   

 

I am kind of disappointed I never noticed the new coins.  I am usually hyper-sensitive to noticing details, and this one passed me right by.  So, yeah, this is pretty cool, and I can’t wait to see the other quarters.   










No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47