Friday, February 04, 2022

Karen: Leaving a Karen Note Part 2 of 2


Let me remind you that when a person is crossing the parking lot ot the road.  You need to yield for them, especially, a woman!  White or black! 

Apparently, you needed a reminded (sic).   

Have a nice day! 


So, there you have it.   I read it and laughed.  Finally, I received my first angry Karen note.  I was in the wrong, but to be so focused on what I did, and the race factor, means I lived in her head rent-free.  I love that I can piss people off and think nothing of it until a Karen note.  Remember I was listening to a podcast about Tim Burton’s Planet of the Apes and forgot about this Karen.   


Here is the thing, Karen; I treat everyone the same despite their race, religion, or sexual orientation. I treat everyone like shit.  I am an asshole, and I am aware of it.  I don’t go around town trying to piss off white women because they’re white.  I don’t care about you on a basic level.    I don’t believe in going around disrespecting white women.  I disrespect everyone.   


However, I love the fact that I pissed this Karen off so much that she had to load her bags from her cart, fish around her purse for a pen, find a paper, and write an angry Karen note.  The black or white comment is like a humble racist jab at me.  It also reveals her racism in believing that every black is doing it to stick it to the white women.  Sorry, Karen, you are not that important.    


Here is the best part.  I keep her note in my wallet and show it to my friends and colleagues for a good laugh.  In my 40+ years, I’ve been Karen-ed before it was a meme, but never during the meme craze, and I love it.  I’ve probably shown 20-plus people the Karen note.  Some are shocked by it, while others laugh. 

  

Would she have left a letter, if I were white?  Would she have put that black or white comment in there?  Or how about my gender?  I think it pissed her off more about me being a black man cutting her off and wanting to “put me in my place”.   


Have a nice day, Karen.    

 
 

 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47