Tuesday, October 06, 2020

The Town with No Name (AKA the best game ever...ever)

  





Out of the blue, this random video showed up in my suggestion box of YouTube.  Look, I laughed when I saw it and knew it was a reference to the Dollars cowboy franchise.  The dude looks like Clint Eastwood.  While the game looks and feels terrible, there is an adventure game charm to it despite is poor designs and VO work.  It’s the poor man's John Wayne in the lead role.   


What if the Date Movie or Meet the Spartans made a point and click game?  This would be it.  It’s trying to be funny, but people are laughing at it than with it.   


Well, I did some digging and the developer of this travesty of a game was Delta 4 (note sure what happened to the other three deltas).  It looks the found member is a pretty good writer, outside this game, and is still writing books.  His name is Fergus McNeill.  From what I can tell, they slapped this game together for fun.  He also has a long history of VGs, so that means The Town with No Name is just a speed bump or wart in his career.  Does he know about the meme status the game has today?   


BTW, Fergus McNeill is one of the coolest names ever right below Brogan. 

  

Anyway, the game makes me laugh and I am glad YouTube sent me the suggestion.   









No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47