Saturday, September 12, 2020

Brandy: Talk About Our Love


I really like this track.  With the 70s strings, it sounds like a track from the late 90s.  Plus, you throw in a Kanye West giving a shit and sounding like his early 2000s.  While I am not a huge fan of the newer sound of Brandy in her other new tracks, it is nice to hear the sound that made her famous.   


As I wrote above, the sound is the very late 90s and early 2000s, and that is a good thing.  I think music today is a bit too mumble-ish and robotic for my taste and the triplet rhythm is overused for me.  I like this sort of triple throwback. The strings are the 60s, old school Brandy, and back when Kanye cared.  Good to have the old Brandy and Kanye West back.  


-Brandy Looking Good:  She looks happy and healthy.  She still has the moves from her early days.  Brandy went through some dark times after the 90s and I mean really dark.  t is nice to see that she cut ties with the Church of Scientology and is doing well.  Yes, I remember that.   She claims she only took some “classes”, but it appears she was way more involved than that.  However, I think she is a better person because she moved away from those cooky people.  Not only is Brandy a singer, but she is actually a very good songwriter too.   


-The Kim K, Kanye, Brandy, Ray J thing:  Things get a little crazy when you really think about it.  Ray J was banging Kim, who was just Paris Hilton’s friend, and Kim became famous out of it.  Ray J is Brandy’s less talented brother.  Kanye married Kim and Ray J is just Ray J.  Ray J actually did a terrible diss track about banging Kim before Kanye.  Famous people are strange.   


-I love the people appearing and judging Brandy and Kanye.  Nice touch, by the way.  I wonder if they are family members of both Brandy and Kanye.   


-Please note the vintage Kanye West sweater:  Do you remember when he used to wear these things all the time?   



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47