Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Heavy Metal (Nostalgia Critic review)


Heavy Metal (Nostalgia Critic review)
I remember watching this movie and being freaked out because of the countless shots of nudity.  I believe every female character gets naked in it.  Now, you can’t go anywhere on the Internet without promotions for cartoon nudity. 
It was a cartoon movie with a lot of violence in it too.  Now, it is clear the movie is pure fan-service and not much else.  But, I still like the movie…on a campy Cool World sort of way.   
I also remember liking the different styles of animation throughout the stories too.  As far as the interconnecting stories, they don’t make much sense altogether.  Tales from the Hood and Cat’s Eye did a better job of interconnecting short stories than Heavy Metal. 
Notes
- John Candy:  I forgot that he played such a huge role in many of the segments with different characters. 
-Loc-Nar:  The green marble thingy; is in most of the stories in one manner or another.
-I still get a kick out of “Major Boobage” from South Park.  It pays total tribute to Heavy Metal.  I also read that Stone and Parker hate Heavy Metal, but they captured the essence of the movie.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47