Thursday, February 08, 2024

Carl Weathers RIP


Carl Weathers was the man.  I remember loving his character in Predator and his horrific end.  Yeah, he lost his arm.  I also loved his starring role in the movie Action Jackson.  I talked about it years ago in this blog.  Weathers was in every genre.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind: depending on which cut of the movie you watch, Carl shows up as an MP officer who threatens the main character. The Rocky movies:  I could go on about his iconic Apollo character.  He goes from rival to Rocky to close friend.  It's a real shame his character dies in Rocky IV.  During his time in the 2000s, he showed up in one of my favorite shows, The Shield.  Plus, he played a recurring role in Arrested Development as himself.  

The Derick "Chubbs" Peterson character from Happy Gilmore shows up in Little Nicky in the heave scene.  It is a funny little cameo. 

Anyway, Carl was a true pop-cultural legend.  He died at the age of 76, and most of my pop-cultural heroes are passing away.  




No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47