Sunday, December 17, 2023

Taco Bell "Sleepy Pete" Wake up, Pete.


Holy, crap.  I found the commercial that I used to repeat all the time.  I would say, “This is Pete.  Wake up, Pete!”  I was in Memphis with my aunt and this commercial came on, and I shouted “Wake up, Pete” while she was on the phone.  She had to explain why I shouted it to the other person on the phone.  Funny how memories work.  

This commercial was mentioned in a magazine for being strange because a Jamaican guy is hawking tacos to a sleeping stoner.  That’s the part that makes sense to me.  I want to know how Jamaican Guy got into his crib in the first place.  Does he still sneak into people’s bedrooms and drive them Taco Bell?  Given that Taco Bell is headquarters in Louisville and I live in the same location, I can go up there and demand they bring back Pete and Jamaican Guy for a sequel.  

Jamaican Guy did a few of these “extreme” TB commercials.  




No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47