Friday, March 10, 2023

Star Trek Picard: Some thoughts so far


While I love Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds, I really love the third season of Star Trek Picard.  I didn’t like most of the modern stuff in S2, but S3 is knocking it out of the park.  These are the things I wanted to see in the first two seasons of Picard.  Seeing the old TNG crew return for one more adventure is simply fun.  

The new show makers have a love for the entire franchise by throwing in references to the movies and the 90s Trek shows.  The biggest reveal this season is the reappearance of the Changelings from DS9.  That was a big twist and it makes sense.  I still think there are even more villains from the past that will show up.  

Episode Four is a heartwarming episode, directed by Frakes, that has some major emotional beats.  There is even a tie to Encounter at Farpoint while making even more connections to DS9.  I love the space jellyfish.  Are they babies from the aliens from the TNG first episode?  

Did I mention that Jeri Ryan is brilliant? She has great chemistry with the entire TNG cast. Who would have thought that a VOY person would fit right in with the TNG people? She is better here than in VOY.

Can’t wait for more Picard.  

And, I’ve given up on Discovery. 


No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47