Friday, April 22, 2022

10 Similarities Between Star Trek III and 11001001


 

 

 

While Gene Roddenberry has very little to do with the movies after TMP, I am wondering if he wanted to see if he could make his own Star Trek III version on a TV budget.  The guy in the video revealed something I never knew.  The “reused” shots of the Enterprise approaching Spacedock are alt-cuts from the movie.  I guess ILM filmed it a few times and Paramount just stored it until the effects crew from TNG needed it.  

When I was young, I noted the similarities between III and 11001001.  They even steal the Enterprise from a spacedock in both shows.

Even Ron Jones’ score has some similarities to James Horner’s spacedock approach score from ST: III.  

BTW, I like the idea that some 80 years later, Star Fleet has hundreds of these spacedock designs all over the federation instead of just one orbiting Earth.

We also have that episode with two actors from Star Trek II showing up in the first season.


No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47