Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Adam Sessler returns to gaming

Adam Sessler returns to gaming 
In an odd turn of events, Adam Sessler is returning to gaming commentary.  I discovered that from KF and was a little shocked because I felt Adam didn’t want anything to do with gaming again.  From me, I liked Sessler on X-Play and G4.  While I didn’t agree with many of his reviews, he was entertaining.  It was around his friendship with Quinn when he started losing me.  He began to make some crazy statements here and there that were troubling.  
Given that gaming commentary has changed so much, I am surprised to see Adam return.  I remember him burning bridges and not wanting to be associated with gaming during the GG craze.  Instead of giving an alt-option to the current one, he took his ball and went home.  Back in 2014, Sessler started some type of consulting firm for media companies named TheoryHead.  I’ve tried digging deep into this new venture, but there is little known about it currently.  He made appearances with the TheoryHead banner at keynote speeches.  Did the company fail or is it still going?   
Adam is looking really rough these days.  It looks like he’s had a rough five years.   I am hoping these weren't that bad for him.  

If you read the comments in the video, they are really roasting him.  I agree with them, but I am willing to give him a second chance.  As long as he’s fair and entertaining, I think there is a place for him.  My only complaint is he really shouldn’t use the Feminist Frequency format because it doesn’t work for 2020.  Anita tried branching out from gaming but came crawling back to it in the end only to abandon it again.  If he’s passionate about gaming and not talking down to his viewers, I will welcome him back.   

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47