Monday, February 27, 2023

The Golden Child (1986) 35mm film trailer, flat open matte,



This teaser trailer has no footage from the actual Golden Child movie.  It doesn’t even fit with the narrative of the movie’s story, either.  I love that Eddie Murphy looks at the camera and yells at the audience in the theater.  If you look closely, Eddie nearly laughs as the camera wipes at the end.  This trailer is really neat, and it was thought to be lost, never to be found.  Paramount has a history of losing things.  

Side Note:  Murphy was supposed to be in Star Trek IV, the one about the whales, but turned it down to do this movie.  He hated doing this movie and regretted turning away the Star Trek gig.  I love this movie, but I think he would have gotten more praise doing Trek instead.  

Side Note 2:  Did I mention I had a huge crush on Charlotte Lewis



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47