Sunday, May 15, 2005

Word Up

I swear crazy people find a way to locate me. I decided to drop by one of the many Kroger stores near my house. I dropped off some movies and then parked my car in Kroger parking lot. I started to walk toward the store, when I noticed a big ASS truck (Pickup, Ford) sitting in the fire lane, engine on. The big ass pickup truck just sat there, so I decided to walk across in front of it, on the crosswalk. Well, the driver of truck decides to drive forward, nearly hitting me in the process. With a jerky stop, the driver barely missed me. And, how did I react? By simply pausing, I was surprise how mellow I was about. (As if I didn’t care.)

I simply ignored the truck then and continued to walk. From the passenger side a drunk middle aged dude yells out, “She wouldn’t let me drive because I’m drunk, but she nearly hit you, and she’s not drunk.”

Now, I’m not sure why he told me this, but I nodded and went on my way. And, some co-workers wonder why I don’t like being around people.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47