Thursday, November 04, 2021

Do the Bartman: Look Back.




Do The Bartman

Note: I like Bart Simpson, but I hate Nancy Cartwright for her devout devotion to that stupid space religion.

I remember when this music video premiered.  The Simpson was still fairly new and interesting, so tying in a hip-hop song to the show was a brilliant way to keep people talking about the characters. 

Did you know famous animation and live-action director Brad Bird directed it?  The animation and design of the characters are a little crude compared to the current designs.  This was when The Simpsons’ movements were rubbery.  Even today, I have to say that the song is very catchy.  

Now, there are some conflicting reports on who worked on what for the song.  Micheal Jackson was a huge fan of The Simpsons and wanted to work with the show.  The fact we do know is that Jackson was on the backing vocals for the track.  Some say that MJ wrote the song, and others say that Bryan Loren did most or all of the writing.   Early on, people working on the series claimed MJ did help, but James L. Brooks reported it was Loren.  However, Matt Groening reported that Jackson was fully involved with the song’s writing, but he wasn’t allowed to take credit due to legal reasons.  I actually believe Groening. It should be noted that Loren still claims sole credit and says Groening is wrong.  I wish I could find concrete facts either way.  

From FactMag.com, ((“The story of the song and its creation has been a thorn in my side since I did it. But, despite Matt Groening’s repeated confessions, I am the sole writer of the song,” Loren told MBW.

“While it’s true, along with me, Michael Jackson does sing backing vocals. And it WAS his idea to call the song, DTB. AND, he did insist I include his name in the lyric.))

Given that Loren worked with MJ over the years, the song does have some MJ sounds and tones throughout, just like Sonic 3. 









No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47