Saturday, March 23, 2019

Daria CBS interview

Daria CBS interview
I went down a rabbit hole and found this strange interview with the animated character Daria. I was looking through some Chris Chan stories and went into a Bevis and Butthead connection and dug into the Daria wiki page. It mentioned an interview where she talked about Bevis and Butthead.
MTV spun off Daria from Bevis and Butthead and completely made it into something different. It was even run by different showrunners too. While I was more of a B&B fan, I enjoyed Daria's show. She was interesting if a flawed female character who wasn't a Mary Sue. To be fair, I was a lot more like Daria than Bevis and Butthead. Detached and withdrawn...
The interview is a bit odd and a product of its time.




Side Note: I always thought Janeane Garofalo was a dead ringer for Daria, but Aubrey Plaza is a damn near a clone of her. She makes Daria...hot. She is a CH parody video.

While I'd hate to see some young folks remake Daria today, it would be fun to see the trainwreck they would make of the show.  I am certain someone is already trying to remake Daria with 50% more woke-ness.  Not realizing the show was pretty woke and diverse at the time.  

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47