Shannon Fill: Where is she now? SF has been reviewing TNG seasons o ver at his blog. And, the episode Lower Decks came up. I recently watched Lower Decks on Net-flicks and found myself amazed with the performance from the young and lovely Shannon Fill , who played the character Ensign Sito Jaxa. Jaxa showed up in two episodes of TNG, actually they were two important episodes. There was a nice arc to her character too. Her character was killed off in Lower Decks , but there were plans to bring her back for an episode of DS9. From Memory Alpha , ((One story considered by the writing staff concerned the return of Sito Jaxa from TNG : " Lower Decks ". The pitch had Sito being imprisoned under inhumane conditions and suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. Robert Hewitt Wolfe developed the story for some time. Feeling that there was insufficient explanation of Sito's condition, he had Sito killing her cellmate, whom she'd become cl...
Gamergate With this story developing with every second and people quitting their jobs. I wanted to put my two cents in this story with some bullet points. - Stop the death threats: If you're one of these asshole attacking either side with rape or death threats, please stop. This doesn't further the discussion and actually hurts both sides of the argument. We can't have a good discussion about this issue unless we distance ourselves from these assholes on both sides. And, make no mistake BOTH sides have crazy people wanting to cause harm. It needs to stop, so cooler heads can talk about this shit. - No more copyright claims or false flags as attacks : I already wrote about this. - If you disagree with Anita Sarkeesian, stop threatening her: It only serves to strengthen the stereotype that gamers are creepy neck-bearded white guys that just want a “Dongs only” club. Anita's claims and videos have poor stances and one-sided views, MAKE a counter v...
Mexican Coca-Cola I remember a friend of mine encouraging me to try a Mexican Coke. So, I gave in this year. They are sold in Kroger and Meijer stores. You can find them roughly around 1.50 to 1.79 in the Mexican food section of your store. Given that the small-refrigerated bottles of the American coke run about the same price, it is a deal. I’ve tried a few of them. I have to say the Mexican Coke has a smoother taste than the American Coke. And, the biggest difference is the sugar in the Mexican formula. The American Coke has a harsher taste than the Mexican Coke, but the American Coke seems to keep its fizz longer after putting it into ice cubes. While the Mexican Coke taste better, it seems to go flat sooner. However, the taste is so damn good in the Mexican formula. I’d buy Mexican Coke in 2 liters if they sold them. I’d recommend a Mexican Coke if you have a dinner and need something to drink with it...
Comments