Ice Cube:“F’ da police, coming straight from the underground.” ________
xXx: State of the Union:So, how do you make an already laughable franchise worst?You replace Vin Diesel with Ice Cube.What were they thinking?Did they think the XXX name alone would bring people into the theater?Ice Cube is pretty much playing Ice Cube here and you can throw in the Green Goblin as well (Willem Dafoe).A bunch of thugs and gangsters save America and none of it makes any sense.Ice Cube, really?
Ultraviolet:Was this supposed to be Ăon Flux II?Throw in a hot babe and some strange European techno music and you got another Aeon Flux.Milla Jovovich loves doing these strange Euro action flicks.Somehow, they’ve made this movie just as bad as Aeon Flux.
Righteous Kill:Look for lazy storytelling here.So, you have two of the biggest stars of their generation, big deal.First, get a damn script that isn’t so aimless and boring that I almost fell asleep.Robert De Niro looks sleepy and Al Pacino is just crazy here.Why was this movie even made?
Keanu Reeves:“There’s fat rain and skinny rain.” ______________
Matrix Revolutions:It is sad, but I have to put this movie on the list.Matrix Reloaded was a flawed movie, but it set up an interesting world for the third film to explore.Sadly, the Matrix Revolutions is more interested in showing us thousands of squid robots fighting mechs.They spend so much time outside the Matrix that I wanted them to rename the movie Zion Revolutions.If I wanted to see a bunch of tan hippies fighting, I’d go to the Highlands in Louisville.It is like the Wachowski Brothers (uh, sister?) weren’t interested in the Matrix anymore.This movie is an embarrassment to the first two movies.
________________________________________________________________
John Tucker Must Die
In a world where John Tucker Must Die, one of these four women kill him.
__________
John Tucker Must Die:The movie never lives up to the actual title because John Tucker never dies in the film.I was looking forward to a bunch of self-centered, good looking chicks conspiring to kill the major jock John Tucker.Instead, we just get another by the numbers romantic comedy.
___________________________________________________________________________________ Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector
Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector:“Git R Done!” Oh, shut up, Larry.I got a chance to watch this mess a few years ago.Larry doesn’t need to make another movie.Basically, it has a puffy Biff from BTTF, and that is all.
__________________________________________________________________
The Happening
Marky-Mark:“I just watched my career kill itself.”
______________
The Happening:This stupid movie is probably M. Night Shyamalan’s worst movie to date.When one studio refused to make his movie, MNS got into a huffy and moved into another studio.For some reason, he let Mark Wahlberg get all “Funky Bunch” with his character.Wahlberg nearly wrecks the movie himself, but MNS story helps him in the endeavor.Avoid this giant snuff film at all cost.
From Justin to Kelly:I don’t watch American Idol, but I did watch this horrid spin-off from that over-hyped TV show.Does anyone remember Justin Guarini today?Granted I like Kelly Clarkson because she has tried to distance herself from American Idol, but nothing can give her performance.This has to be one of the worst “musicals” ever created.
Yeah, I hated your movie, but you don’t have to look at me that way. _________
Employee of the Month: What happens when you get two of the most annoying and stupid people to make a movie together (Dane Cook and Jessica Simpson)?You get this messy comedy about a fake Walmart type of store and a bunch of D-bags working inside.This shouldn’t be confused with the other Employee of the Month movie.Simpson is terrible, but super-hack Dane Cook is even worst.Are we supposed to cheer for this guy?
Aeon Flux:Uh, this movie might have been right for the 90s, but during the 2000s it seems out of place.Charlize Theron is very attractive here, but she isn’t Aeon Flux.I think someone taller should have played the character.However, that wouldn’t have changed the sheer shitty-ness of the actual movie.
Shannon Fill: Where is she now? SF has been reviewing TNG seasons o ver at his blog. And, the episode Lower Decks came up. I recently watched Lower Decks on Net-flicks and found myself amazed with the performance from the young and lovely Shannon Fill , who played the character Ensign Sito Jaxa. Jaxa showed up in two episodes of TNG, actually they were two important episodes. There was a nice arc to her character too. Her character was killed off in Lower Decks , but there were plans to bring her back for an episode of DS9. From Memory Alpha , ((One story considered by the writing staff concerned the return of Sito Jaxa from TNG : " Lower Decks ". The pitch had Sito being imprisoned under inhumane conditions and suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. Robert Hewitt Wolfe developed the story for some time. Feeling that there was insufficient explanation of Sito's condition, he had Sito killing her cellmate, whom she'd become cl...
I have bad news. My writing teacher Gary Devon Blum passed away a few days ago. This morning I receive an e-mail with his name on it, and I knew before opening it that he had died. His wife stated that he passed away. I went and visited him a week before he died. It pained me so much to see him in such a way, but I knew he’d be happy to see me. When I saw him, he opened his eyes and he looked so happy to see me appear in the doorway, despite not being able to talk. I told him how my life was going and that I’d plan to visit him again. After I left the hospital, little did I know it would be the last time I’d ever see him. He wrote a few novels and taught at a few local universities, and this was where I met him. Gary was the kind of guy that had a low voice, but was soft-spoken. I can truly say that he was gentle person and cared about others. When I first met him and took his workshops, he helped me get through a difficult time in my life. He showed me that...
______________
H ow can she slap? How can I sue ? I read through the ED page on that “how can she slap?” story and it appears it isn't over. Ravi, the dude that slapped the woman and got bum-rushed, is planning on suing the show. Talk about being wimpy. From the site… ((Reality shows may have their fixed scripts and sensational turn of events, but Ravi is in no mood to take things lying down.)) I’m sure this has more to do with being embarrassed than anything else. It doesn’t matter who was right or wrong, but you’re playing into their hands by making this lawsuit. It’s just more free press for another awful reality show. Enjoy this clip from the show where the contestants have to dip their faces in mud to answers question. Kind of Fear Factor-ish. It's really hard to watch this clip. And, what's up with gay guy with make-up? What's even crazier is we, in the States, have shows just as bad.
Comments
John Tucker almost made me go to sleep though.