I have bad news. My writing teacher Gary Devon Blum passed away a few days ago. This morning I receive an e-mail with his name on it, and I knew before opening it that he had died. His wife stated that he passed away. I went and visited him a week before he died. It pained me so much to see him in such a way, but I knew he’d be happy to see me. When I saw him, he opened his eyes and he looked so happy to see me appear in the doorway, despite not being able to talk. I told him how my life was going and that I’d plan to visit him again. After I left the hospital, little did I know it would be the last time I’d ever see him. He wrote a few novels and taught at a few local universities, and this was where I met him. Gary was the kind of guy that had a low voice, but was soft-spoken. I can truly say that he was gentle person and cared about others. When I first met him and took his workshops, he helped me get through a difficult time in my life. He showed me that...
Comments
Are you a closet Klingon?
Do you love the band Stovakor?
paul
I didnt know there was a band called Stovakor, but now you have researching it.
@Paul: During TNG, Dorn was very serious about the way Worf was portrayed and he was one of the few actors allowed to actually discuss things with the writers.
But when DS9 came around, he loosened up a bit