Saturday, May 19, 2012

Community Showrunner (Dan Harmon) fired…


First off, I love Community and l really love the writing too.  Dan Harmon has had his feuds, but firing him in the manner they did just seems strange to me.  Did he burn too many bridges?
Dan talked about it on his Tumblr page, and it makes me feel bad for him, despite the fact Sony still has to pay him for doing nothing (Creative Consultant).  And, that’s a nice payback.  However, where does this leave the show Community? 
We all know that a showrunner is very important to the voice and feel of a show and the direction and style is spearheaded by the person in charge.  It is also important to note that Harmon is also the creator of the show.  No matter what the studio and the network say, there will be a difference in the way the show turns out. 
I also find it strange that they would fire him after NBC renewed the show for a 4th season. 
Somewhere, that fat loser Chevy Chase is laughing his ass off at this news.  And, I don’t like that one bit. 


2 comments:

MC said...

I think he sort of knew it was coming with the season finale.

I love a story in this article about how Aaron Sorkin left a narrative mess for the people who were replacing him on the West Wing after he got forced out.

Semaj said...

Man, I actually remember that arc with the speaker of the house taking charge. That's good article about the whole showrunner leaving thing.

I actually liked the darker turn the show sort of took this season with all the strange things. I guess we won't see this coming up.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47