Sunday, May 20, 2012

Error 37: Diablo III the new Mass Effect III



Error 37: Diablo III the new Mass Effect III
Fanboys are pissed, and this time they might have a point. I was reading the amusing post on Cracked.com and I feel their pain. But, back in my hardcore gaming days, games like Superman 64 had these sort of problems.
I haven't seen this much nerd rage sense gamers hated the ending to ME3. There has been so much outrage over the fatal errors that Blizzard had to make a statement. This time around the fanboys have a rightful grip. If you can't play the game because of faulty software, what's the point? Plus, game companies have to consider how fast negative word on street flows through the Twitter/Facebook/Blogger world. People no longer have to wait to read about it in their Lamepro (Gamepro).
The geeks rule the Earth now.




I have to give it up for the secret level in the game though. Is this a bash against My Little Pony and Care Bears?











5 comments:

MC said...

The Jimquisition took this on too.

And the argument that I liked the best from it was it was Blizzard caused this problem themselves by demanding an always on service for a single player game so they could profit from the real money auction houses that went with the game.

I remember when I got Starcraft II earlier this year, and after I installed it, I couldn't play it because there was something wrong on Blizzard's end and it took them a day and a half to admit the problem was on their end and fix it. And that affected the single and multiplayer components of the game (since you need to log into an account to set up offline single player).

So I've been bitten by these schemes too... which is why I don't own a copy of Diablo III at the moment.

Jeane M. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Semaj said...

That was a good video. I actually agree with that. It does seem odd that you have to log in for a single player mode. And, it must be annoying when you can't log in because of them.

MC said...

There is a game coming out in a few months called Torchlight II which is very much like the Diablo series, but it doesn't need to be tethered to the internet the whole time.

You should look it up on Steam... the System Requirements are very modest.

Semaj said...

I will give it a try. I am currently on a FFT kick and trying to max out everything from Cloud to some of the other characters. Then I have to try to beat Bastion too.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47