Saturday, June 25, 2011

Transformers The Movie Trailer (Not the Michael Bay movie)


Transformers The Movie Trailer (Not the Michael Bay movie)
Oh, man does this bring back fond memories of my childhood.  I remember seeing this trailer being blown away with the futuristic look, the rock music and the kickass animation.  This is how you make a trailer.  Now, that I am older, I can also see that the trailer also played as a preview for the upcoming toy line for the movie.  (I remember getting Hot Rod as a toy)
Notes
-I remember seeing the DEG logo and saying, “I don’t remember these guys making the TV show”.
- Victor Caroli is the narrator for the trailer and the actual movie too.  He blew me away with the lines (It is the year 2005. The treacherous Decepticons have conquered the Autobot's home planet of Cybertron. But, from secret staging grounds on two of Cybertron's moons the valiant Autobots plan to take back their homeland.)  The cartoon continuity jumped ahead 20 years.  Plus, we came to find out the Autobots lost their homeland during that time.  Meaning, almost everything from the first two seasons for the Autobots was for a losing cause. 
-The first name they mention is Judd Nelson.  This was clearly to get the teen crowd interested in seeing the movie.  Wasn’t he part of the “Brat Pack”?
-Lenard Nimoy:  I remember getting hyped about this because it combined Star Trek to my other favorite show TF. 
-I also loved the shiny scenes with Optimus Prime kicking all of the Decepticon’s asses.
-They do sneak in on character death into the trailer.  They show Prowl die.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47