Friday, June 17, 2011

Did you know that William “The Refrigerator” Perry was a member of G.I. Joe? Honest


Did you know that William “The Refrigerator” Perry was a member of G.I. Joe? Honest
If you watch the ad, you will notice that The Refrigerator has a strange edit during his appearance. Did he have problems with his lines. I remember some of my classmates bragging about getting the Refrigerator Perry action figure in the mail.
From me personally, I thought he was a stupid character. However, The Fridge was huge back in the day, so GI Joe wanted a piece of the action.
I do like that they gave his character a football on a metal chain as a weapon. His file card says he was a “Physical Training Instructor”. Uh, really? The guy was nicknamed “The Fridge”. I think he'd be in the kitchen eating Roadblock's gumbo instead.
Luckily, they never used his character on the show.
Currently, The Fridge isn't doing so well health wise. I guess he can look back at his career and remember he was a member of GI Joe.
Right now, you can get the refrigerator action figure on E-bay for around 30-40 bucks.


   

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47