Monday, June 06, 2011

My biggest problem with Ghostbusters II: The damn logo


My biggest problem with Ghostbusters II:  The damn logo
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.  The biggest problem I have with the second Ghostbusters film is that damn ghost logo.  In the first movie it only seemed fair to use the same logo as the title logo because it is a simple a surprised ghost in the middle of a crossed out logo.  Plus, the expression of the ghost is that of shock.

Now we come to the second logo.  Why is the ghost now happy that it is being crossed out?  It is being busted, right?  Then, we see that the Ghostbusters in the movie use this logo.  Why are they using this logo with the happy ghost raising two fingers indicating this is a sequel?  Wouldn’t they just use their old logo to show that they are back in business? I know why, marketing and to differentiate this movie’s merchandise from the first movie.  People can get a clear idea that the toys are from the second movie with the stupid new logo. 
I hope they don’t use the III logo for the third movie. 

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47