Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Alamo Drafthouse: No cell phones



Alamo Drafthouse: Makes a fun of a pissed off customer
This is best ad for a theater ever. I love and would support a theater that had a strong stance on texting and cell phone use. I didn't pay money to see or hear you play on your cell phone.
The woman in the video above was in the Alamo Drafthouse texting with her phone, and the staff promptly kicked her out. Then, she left an angry telephone message to the theater. The theater then proceed to make a PSA out of the phone message, which will be shown in R-rated movies during the trailers. Brilliant, I'd say.
((According to Tim League, founder of the chain, "I don't think people realize that it is distracting," League told The Lookout. "It seems like nothing, but if you spend as much time as I do at the movies, you realize the entire theater sees it and it pulls you out of the movie experience. It's every bit as intrusive as talking." ))
I personally think there needs to be a harpoon guy standing in the theater ready to harpoon anyone that is disruptive.
While this is a very clever move on AD's part, but I think this woman will find a lawyer and attempt to sue them for making an ass of her.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

THis is a big part of the reason I don't see movies in the theater very often--that and the rude people who go to the theater near us who never fail to kick the back of my seat, talk EXTREMELY loudly throughout the whole thing, and use their phones.

If the theater less than a mile away from our house adopted a policy like this, we might see movies more often!

I hope the lady doesn't sue, but if she does, I hope she loses! If you leave a voicemail or call a company and they state it may be recorded, she can't be upset that it was!

MC said...

And they warned her twice before they kicked her out. They gave her ample opportunity to stop, but she didn't.

Semaj said...

Sarah: I've came close to stop going to movies because of the rude people and the cell phones, and the children talking. But, I've found mid-movie watching is a little better than later in the day.


MC: Yeah, I guess the only thing I thought was wrong their part was not giving her money back, if we are led to believe her side of the story, which I don't.

Anonymous said...

Actually, the policy at Alamo states that if they kick you out, you do NOT receive a refund. It's her fault for not observing the rules (which are clearly presented at the beginning of every movie I've ever seen there), and she deserves to be thrown out.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47