Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Crazy Bum

Crazy bum
I was walking toward the College registration building, when I saw a bum sitting on the wall near the McDonalds parking lot. I went to the newspaper stand and got an USA Today from the machine. Suddenly, the bum yelled at me.

“They wouldn’t listen to me either, no one listens to me!” he bellowed. His voice was scratchy; his beard was gray and dirty. He wore a grubby faded blue jacket, and a pair of ripped jeans.

I rolled my eyes and lowered my head. I was not about to confront a crazy loopy bum. As I walked away, I heard him yelling at another person that happened to walk by.

“No one listened!” he said, sounding even angrier.

After spending about ten minutes in the building, I decided to grab a bite to eat at the McDonalds nearby. Crap…that meant I would have to walk by that crazy bum. I walked out of the building and crossed the street and the bum stared at me.

Yet, he didn’t say anything.

I went inside McDonalds, and ate. As I headed for the door, someone called out my name.

“James?” a familiar male voice said, walking away from the counter.

It was Chance, a co-worker from UPS. I sat down and talked him and his friends for a while. I asked him about the bum, and they told me that he yelled at them as well.

As I left to go back into the school building, the bum yelled at me again.

“The judge wouldn’t listen to me, neither did the Grand Jury!”

WTF, was he talking about?

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47