Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Dustin Diamond...

  



 

I was no fan of Dustin Diamond and I actually had totally forgotten about him up until the new Saved series was announced.  I had no idea he was suffering from “stage 4 small-cell lung carcinoma".  Having nearly died myself, I feel for him.  However, we can’t forget the shitty things he did over the years as I have written about in my blog posts about him.  He hurt some many people and cause a lot of problem due to his issues, yet I can’t completely throw him under the bus because I have a family does the exact thing.   


What kind of legacy do you leave behind?  What will you be remembered for?  Will it be the young outcast kid that connected with kids?  Or, will you be remembered for the clout chasing has-been that caused trouble and dug deep into shitty stunts to feed his habits?  Maybe, both.  How would your past self react to your future self?  

 

I’ve had many bad things to say about Dustin.  I’ve never liked him or his character on Saved by the Bell.  I found him just as annoying as Screech.  And, he proved it by doing some really stupid things later in life.  He burned every bridge he had with the exception of Lark Voorhies.  He bumbled around doing reality shows and shitty stunt promotions.  He weakened his brand by doing all these things and even made things worse for himself.  Then, there was the book that he “wrote” that everyone has claimed was factually incorrect.  He pissed off everyone and anyone with all his stunts and behavior.   

 

I can’t say anything good about his work, but he did mean something special to many people during his role on that famous show.  I’m trying to find something nice to say about the guy, but I can’t.  Having spent time in a hospital myself, he didn’t deserve to suffer.   




 

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47