Saturday, May 23, 2020

Hana Kimura RIP: You are not weak


This reminds me of the August Ames thing. 
While I suffer from server depression, I generally sperate the shit from online from things happening in my own life.  Young people tend to forget that Twitter and social media doesn’t matter in the grander scheme of things.  Yet, they connect their whole lives to what people say and think about them on Twitter and other social media sites.  I’ve been called everything from a sellout to the N-word, but it is people’s actions that matter more than words.   Someone with blue hair's tweet doesn't matter as much as someone kicking your ass in real-life bullying. 
From what I can tell, Hana Kimura was a really cute and talented 22-year-old wrestler in Japan.  It appears she was just getting started when she took her life due to some shit she was getting on social media.  She got into it with someone in some stupid reality show and people started to give her the business.   
Instead of taking time away from Twitter and social media, she posted some troubling things before her death.  From Essentially Sports, ((She also put up a note on Twitter, which is even more heartbreaking to read after her suicide. “Nearly 100 frank opinions every day. I couldn’t deny that I was hurt. I’m dead. Thank you for giving me a mother. It was a life I wanted to be loved. Thank you to everyone who supported me. I love it. I’m weak, I’m sorry. I don’t want to be a human anymore. It was a life I wanted to be loved.” Hana wrote.)) 
Sadly, these are the same thoughts I had with my bout of depression a couple of years ago.   
Here’s where I get soft but don’t take it out on yourself.  If you make a major mistake, you have time to self-correct it and make yourself a better person.  Take from me, I’ve been following the Internet age for a good ten years.  I’ve watched people hailed as heroes turn into the very thing they hated.  I’ve seen terrible people actually turn themselves around.  You’re not weak for having suicidal thoughts.  I’ve been in some very dark places, but I am thankful I didn’t take my life.  Learn to improve and stop making the same mistakes.   
The worse enemy to yourself is yourself.  Things can get better if you're willing to change them.  









No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47