Friday, May 29, 2020

This is CNN. Put your motherf'ing hands up now!

Congrats, cops, you made even CNN look good.   


I am going to reserve my thoughts about the violence currently going on in my city and other places for another post, but trust me the rioters and the police officers would hate my opinions on the matter.  Anyway, even among left-leaning people like myself, CNN is considered a joke or a living meme.  By using strong-arm tactics and arresting a black CNN reporter, you make yourself look like assholes.  Real smooth, state police.   
The cops claimed that they didn’t know they were media and released them later.  I guess the big ass camera and a couple of dudes standing around a guy didn’t clue you in.  Really?  You know you've done f’ed up when you make CNN look like the heroes.   
Omar Jimenez is the arrested reporter’s name.  He was a basketball player and rapper besides being a journo.  He goes by OJ Tropicana and you can check out his “sick beats” on his site.  It’s not my favorite style of hip-hop, but he seems okay.   I have to give OJ credit for giving a measured response and not act like an entitled douche bag like many blue-checkmark journos do.  He knew it was being recorded and he has powerful cooperate lawyers supporting him.  He was calm and smooth.  
BTW, I am probably just going to call CNN the boomer channel and FOX News the doomer channel.   

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47