Monday, August 12, 2019

Bouldergate: The one year later video

Bouldergate: The one year later video 
Despite all the drama, I am still subbed at him.  This is just to clarify and reveal where I stand. 
This was one of the biggest self-destructions of a YT channel I have ever seen.  For some reason, Mundane Matt let his ego destroy his YouTube career.  He was willing to leave his real jobs and attempt to do YT full time.  The problem is his mass flagging campaign has made him toxic to be associated with in any way.  While he has more views than Anita these days, that not saying much.  He also lost a great many subs after his reveal to be a heel.  His ego won't let him see the hypocritical nature of his flagging actions given that was the reason behind Zoe Quinn trying to shut up criticism about her.  Post-GG, Matt did nearly the exact same thing.   
To make matters worse, he put his apology on Tumblr, a platform that no one reads or cares about anymore.  After comments and dislikes, he had to make an apology on his channel.  
Part of me feels sorry for him.  He went all into the YT career before the bottom falls out.  He started a family thinking that this YT thing would be long-term.  Matt had a class on YT fame that no one showed up for and work a book about it.  He probably should have shifted to movie news and writing reviews as he worked on his channels.   
Despite the underhanded flagging of his critics, I can identify with the state he's in currently.  I am at the crossroads of my life.  I am going to have to make some tough choices in the coming years.  Do I walk away from a job I have worked for 23 years?  Luckily, I don't have two children and GF/wife to feed.  Because of my health, I know I won't live as long as other people.  Do I want to live my life unhappy working for a company I loathe or do I attempt to do something I enjoy?   
I think he lost sight of being a working-class person and the suicidal streamer video he made proves it.  He keeps talking about the difficult At this point, he needs to walk away from the Internet for about two years and get a real job to understand that hardships of dealing with real people and problems.  Come back and start doing movie reviews on his 3 Buck channel.  At this point, he needs to retire his main channel. Or get a real full-time job and delete your channels and just start over again and do it for fun.   


No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47