Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Dude, you're making me mad

Tech support always sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTAQjQRh3lY

Comment: The caller calls up to get advice to fix his mother’s computer from Dell’s service folks. The guy is already angry when he finally reaches a live person, and it all goes down hill from there. I hate calling these service phone lines, and I can’t blame him for being upset.

I have to give credit to the Tech guy for not losing it and cussing the redneck out. I would have. But, come on. Can’t you answer a simple question without the basic ID information?

The steps to getting pissed off with Phone Tech Support.

  1. You have to go through all this voice stuff. (Spanish or English).
  2. Have to speak to a computer to give out info (I’m sorry I didn’t get your last numbers. Can you repeat that?)
  3. After about 30 minutes, you get a chance to finally speak to a real live person.
  4. But they ask you the same damn questions you already gave the automated system, Doh.
  5. Pissed off

3 comments:

Ammaro said...

My worst experience was when my internet provider in the states switched to voice recognition. OH MY GOD I KEPT REPEATING THE 16 BLOODY DIGIT ACCOUNT NUMBER OVER AND OVER AGAIN and it always gets at least one of them wrong so I have to start all over again... after about half an hour I hung up and just went to their outlet the next day.. #$@#%#$&%#

Mayren said...

I used to do tech support. My philosophy is to laugh after each call. I find stupid and inept people funny. I'm a wierd gal. I know.

Semaj said...

Ammaro.com: I still do this, I had to repeat my numbers over and over. I did discover that you can get better service from online tech support than the phone one.

Mayren: I can imagine some of the crap you've heard. People generally can be bigger jerk on the phone because there isnt any eye contact with the tech person. There's a bit of distance between the two on the phone.

I'd love to hear some of your stories.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47