Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sinbad: Back in action?


Sinbad
Do you remember Sinbad?: Well, most people don't. He was a family friendly comedian from back in the day. I mean this guy was popular...really popular. He had a few movies and major specials. (Plus, people remember those ugly pants he had.)
I've always been interested in Sinbad because he glowed red hot in the 80s and early 90s and completely disappeared after that. No one gave a shit about Sinbad. It seemed I was the only trying to keep up with Sinbad. I remember reading that he was doing company gigs at meeting and crap.
After Jingle All The Way, he pretty much disappeared from the face of the planet. Now, he's saying he made a mistake doing Celebrity Apprentice. This is a place where actors and reality stars go to die. From Huffington Post, (("I never should have done 'Celebrity Apprentice,'" he says in the clip. "I didn't want to do it because I didn’t want Donald Trump to say, 'You're fired.'" ))
He made fun of his lost fame in a stand up comedy event called “Where You been?” And, you can watch the entire video here.
Okay, this stand up is very funny.  Damn you, Sinbad.  That was funny. 
Sinbad likes Good Burgers.  
His famous roles
The Cosby Show : He played a different character than the one he played on Different World, but DW is set in the same universe as The Cosby Show. Very strange.
A Different World : Besides his stand up shows, this is where most people remember him from. From what I read, he left the show because he couldn't get along with the showrunner.
Necessary Roughness  : Not to be confused with the TV show of the same name. This movie had Qutaum Leap starring with Sinbad. It wasn't a good movie. “Welcome, to Foot...ball.”
Coneheads : I remember him being very funny in this movie. Often, this movie is overlooked, but I really dig it a lot.
The Meteor Man  : Stay away from this movie.
The Sinbad Show: I don't remember this show. It looks like a by the numbers sitcom. Salma Hayek has a few appearances on the show. Damn she is hot.
Houseguest  : I hate to say this, but it isn't as good as people remember it. It hasn't aged well, and I used to really love the movie.
First Kid  : I hate this movie with everything that is holy. I actually saw this in the theaters too.
The Cherokee Kid : I actually liked this movie too. From what I read, this movie was supposed to come out in the theaters, but was thrown onto HBO as an original movie instead. I haven't seen it in ages so it might not hold up as well.
Good Burger  : Yes, he was in the movie...in a small part.


Sinbad shows his jewels to this woman.  Did you know that before he became a famous family comedian, he was a famous pirate.  
________________________________________________________
 Sinbad:  "I am thinking about leaving the pirate life and getting into stand up." 
_____________________________________________________________________
Uh, that's Sinbad as Sinbad.  



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47