Thursday, May 08, 2008

GI Joe casting, Yo, Joe!

Uh, they got some things wrong and a few things right.

Okay, we all know the GI Joe movie is coming no matter what. I'm still thinking the movie is going to bite the big one, but I'm willing to give this movie a chance.

Here are a few photos from the live action GI Joe movie from the site Coming Soon. Check out the other photos there.

(Yo, Joe!)

Yeah, this is Duke. For some reason it feels like this guy should be starring in a poorly funded CW (WB) production or working in the WWE. Duke was blond and seemed a bit older.

___________________________________________

Ripcord: Marlon Wayans. Don't act goofy in this movie, Marlon. Btw, wasn't Marlon up for the role of Robin in the Batman films or was that the other Wayans brother. I read somewhere that he was even fitted for a Robin suit.

__________________________________________

Destro: Last time I checked the old show, this character wore a metal helmet silver or gold. And, he didn't look like a James Bond villain. Please tell me the MARS lettering in the background isn't the name of the organization. I hope it's Cobra.

_______________________________________________

Storm Shadow: Nice. They got this one right. I wonder if he'll switch sides like the character in the Cartoon/Comic universes.

4 comments:

MC said...

I've got 4 words for you to ease your mind about Marlon Wayans chops as a more serious actor: Requiem for a Dream.

Semaj said...

I really need to see this movie. Someone from work just told me to see it last night.

I always think of his role in that D&D movie, but I'll give him some slack.

StrikeFamilyBoom said...

i'm old school and i hate when stupid hollywood comes in and fucks around with my childhood! i wonder how cobra commander gonna look like? i feel so let down by all the pics :( expect the snake eyez and storm shadow pics!!

Semaj said...

Yeah, there seems to be no leaked or released pictures of cobra commander floating around. Here's hoping they don't screw it up.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47