Monday, April 28, 2008

Lost: The Shape of Things to Come (spoilers) Part 2 of 2 review

The flash-forward in this one also answers the question as to why Sayid works for Ben in the future. I still don’t buy that Widmore’s people killed Sayid’s wife. I think Ben’s been playing games with Sayid and had her killed. I still don’t think Ben is the hero he claims to be.

I also like the hero status of Sawyer. Ever since end of last season, Sawyer is a changed man. He’s actually friends with Hurley and very protective of him. I like this Sawyer 2.0, even though I miss the name-calling that he was famous for.

Why does Locke need Hurley to find the Jacob house? I thought the encounter between Locke and Sawyer was a nice little standoff.

The acting from everyone was spot on, despite the faster pace of the episode. And some people might have a problem with the speed of the show this season. Things are happening so fast that there are times when normal character development isn’t possible. The episode never really takes a breather.

However, that’s what I like about this season so far. There have been a few missteps here and there, but this season has been spot on in pacing and story progression.

Grade: A-

Notes:

~Is it just me or is Smokey looking bigger and meaner in this episode?

~When Ben emerged from his hidden room, why was he cover in black dust?Locke, Ben, and Sawyer: I see a new Spin-off involving a sitcom with these three.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47