Monday, December 04, 2006

Bike This

At school, while walking outside to put money into the meter, I noticed this dirty-looking man riding his broken down bike around the campus. I gave him a quick glance and went back to my meter, dropping some coins in. I looked back up and noticed the dirty-looking man still riding his bike around the same area. And, this was when he got my attention, because usually people on bikes simply ride through and disappear into the city. Yet, this guy was hovering around the campus looking very strange in the process.

He rode up to a jeep and lifted on the handle. I just watched him try to get inside the jeep. He was checking the locks. Then, he went up to another car and checked the doors on that one too. He was doing all this while I watched him. Anger grew inside me, because this guy was trying to steal shit from students while they sat in class. So, I watched him more intently, but I made certain I didn’t draw any attention to myself. This guy then parked his bike and started to check the locks on all the cars in the parking lot on foot. This guy was bold.

This was when I decided I had to step in and do something, because I knew he would eventually find one car unlocked. I went inside the library and asked the lady at the desk to notify Security. Well, they didn’t catch him, but they did chase him away. So, that was my one single good deed of the decade, and now back to being evil.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47