Friday night is a great time for... football. I am not a sports fan, but I fondly remember The Last Boy Scout. It was one of those hyper-action movies Shane Black wrote. Directed by Tony Scott and produced by Joel Silver, not to be confused with Ron Silver. Throw in Bruce Willis and music by Michael Kamen, and you got the whole 90s movie shebang: Bang Bang. At this time, people were getting a little bit of an action movie overload, and it only made a little over 110 million on a 43 million budget. Not great, but the movie did make back its budget through rewatches on cable and video. I've come to really love this movie that floated around in the late 80s and early 90s. It is a demo of the Michael Bay stuff that would come out today. Future stars played smaller parts. Here is the best part of this movie. The bad guys actually won in real life. Remember, this movie is centered around the g...
Gamergate With this story developing with every second and people quitting their jobs. I wanted to put my two cents in this story with some bullet points. - Stop the death threats: If you're one of these asshole attacking either side with rape or death threats, please stop. This doesn't further the discussion and actually hurts both sides of the argument. We can't have a good discussion about this issue unless we distance ourselves from these assholes on both sides. And, make no mistake BOTH sides have crazy people wanting to cause harm. It needs to stop, so cooler heads can talk about this shit. - No more copyright claims or false flags as attacks : I already wrote about this. - If you disagree with Anita Sarkeesian, stop threatening her: It only serves to strengthen the stereotype that gamers are creepy neck-bearded white guys that just want a “Dongs only” club. Anita's claims and videos have poor stances and one-sided views, MAKE a counter v...
Wow, Armond White does it again: He proves he’s a douche bag, but a clever douche bag. Mr. White gave a negative review of the critically praised film Toy Story 3 and gave a down right glowing review of Jonah Hex. Hex is a film that is current at a 14% on Rotten Tomatoes. It just goes to prove he truly is a contrarian in the extremist form. He’s not doing this out of pure bad taste or opinion, but he’s clearly making these contrartian reviews to get a rise out of people. The kicker is that it is working. Armond White is no idiot, but he does thrive on negative attention. Toy Story 3 had an 100% freshness on Rotten Tomatoes until he and another reviewer came along. He knew his review would make it in the history books for knocking down TS3. I was going to sit on the sidelines and let this guy do his shit storm swirling, but I can’t take it anymore. Aft er Reading his laughable review of Jonah Hex, I had to type something about it. You really have to read ...
Comments