Sunday, September 17, 2023

the Macho Man Randy Savage Waffle fight: The good stuff


From what I can tell, this happened in 1978.  I was a child, but WWF was really a thing yet.  I know that Waffle House is a heaven for fights and ratchet behavior.  However, the Macho Man Randy Savage Waffle House story is the stuff of legends.  It is the epic brawl that was never televised.  It was the story that is still being told today on social media, news sites, and YouTube.  

Heck, I’ve found the original article on the incident from the local paper.  While the article does a bit of hyping up the wrestling aspects, it does match up with the accounts told by the other people.  

Being the asshole that I am, I actually understand and support Macho Man’s side of the story.  I really could give two shits about some stranger getting married.  If I am hungry for some shitty food, serve it up.  I would love to know if the guy and the waitress are still married.  Being the ever-cynical person, I think not.  

From what I can tell, the Waffle House is still there.  I am certain I’ve driven by it and not even noticed it.  I visit Nashville from time to time, and they’re everywhere, like in Louisville.  In Louisville, there is a McDonald’s that is still there for nearly 50 years.  

Randy, a flawed man, was one of a kind.  I still do a poor impression of Randy from time to time.  And, he also fought Spider-Man and that counts for something. 







No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47