Saturday, April 25, 2020

There you are. Baking the Bart


Why is it that I can listen to J Pop and K Pop, but popular mainstream Chinese music is something I can’t handle?  Is it the autotune?  Anyway, I used to watch Bart Baker’s parody videos.  They were extremely funny and well made.  I checked out his channel a few months back and noticed he had not updated his channel in a year.   
To my surprise, he quit YouTube to become a social media star in China.  That is a strange transition.  I’ll let the shitty Vice story do all the talking because it seems like a fluff piece.  What the hell happened to Vice?  I used to love you.   
His new music and Tik Toc type stuff are cringe-worthy to me.  Have I turned into a boomer or am I still a doomer?  
For me, I would like to rebuild my brand in all territories instead of China.  Singing songs on all social media platforms would widen your audience.  It just seems odd to take this route.  I am not hating the hustle because I am working a job I loathe and he’s doing what he wants.  While I am an American, I try to keep this blog open to everyone (Strangely enough, I get a lot of hits from South Korea).  I just think he should open his market up.   It seems strange to see him become the thing he made fun of all those years.  His new stuff isn't for me, but I wish him luck.  
An interesting journey, Bart.  







No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47