Tuesday, March 27, 2018

WTF, Heineken?

WTF, Heineken?
I am not an SJW, but damn, Heineken. You completely missed the mark more or less. I think they weren't thinking in terms of racism, but it turned out that way.  It doesn't help matters when the “light drink” passes some people with darker complexions.
It just seems wrong.  


I think we've gone too far with being outraged with everything, but this is a bit much for even me. Interestingly enough, it was Chance the Rapper that called out the first calls about this ad.
From The Source, ((Chance the Rapper, who may have been the first to comment on the commercial, tweeted, “I think some companies are purposely putting out noticably racist ads so they can get more views. And that s–t racist/bogus so I guess I shouldn’t help by posting about it. But I gotta just say tho. The ‘sometimes lighter is better’ Hienekin commercial is terribly racist omg” ))
I disagree with Chance to a degree. I just think it might have been just pure stupidity on their part. Or perhaps not.  
Why not go back to having Austin Powers promoting your beer?  

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47