Monday, May 19, 2014

Google Doodle Rubic's Cube

Google Doodle Rubic's Cube
40 years, pretty soon Rubic's Cube with be wearing his pants higher and yelling at kids for playing on his grass. 
It is the 40th anniversary of this mind-f' puzzle. I remember the nerdy kids at school showing off their skills by solving these damn cubes. I believe I had a few of these back in the day and being too stupid to solve these things. These were for the super nerds and not people like me. This was the non-electronic version of Simon.
So, yeah I tried playing this thing on Google and got no where. BTW, I still play the Google Pac-Man doodle from time to time. Note: I kind of think the cube from Hellraiser is based on this thing. 
 Someone already made one.
Also remembered the Pyraminx? The Pyramid version? I always thought the Pyraminx was just a copy of the Cube and made by the same people. However, I was wrong. From the Pyraminx wiki, ((It was invented and patented by Uwe Mèffertbefore the original 3 layered Rubik's Cube by Erno Rubik, and introduced by Tomy Toys of Japan (then the 3rd largest toy company in the world) in 1981. ))
Side Story: There is an unpleasant story about my dickish father and a Rubic's Cube. I believe this happened years before I was born. My mother, being a nice person, bought a Cube for my father. He played around with it for a few hours and got frustrated with the puzzle. Out of rage, he threw the Cube hard into a wall, destroying the Cube. My mother was hurt by the action and vowed never to give him a random gift again. Yeah, he was that sort of prick.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47