Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Lou Bega: Mambo No. 5


Lou Bega: Mambo No. 5
Mambo “mother f’ing” No. 5.  Shot me, but I like this song. 
Most people aren’t aware that is hit some is a cover/remake of Perez Prado song of the same name.  Heck, Lou even looks like Prado. In the Lou Bega version, the women are rather attractive. 
Notes
-I actually like the cream-colored Zoot Suit he wears in the video.  I believe this around the time when swing bands came back into fashion.  And, the 30s-40s swing sound came back in fashion. 
Like the swing revival, Lou Bega sort of disappeared.  However, his Wiki states he has been busy.
-The dark skinned dancer looks very familiar. 

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I had the (mis?)fortune of working in a Classic Denny's diner in high school which had a very limited number of songs to choose on the jukebox, but Mambo No. 5 was one of the staff favorites and is still a great song to I like jamming to!

Semaj said...

It is a catchy tune. I can envision a bunch of you all dancing in the back of the dinner to it.

It certainly a fun little tune, when you consider all the really bad techno that came out during that same era.

Sarah said...

Back of the diner hell! We actually had to dance in front of customers as part of our job description. But we took it as our own and made it fun rather than something the "man" was forcing us to do. Plus tips were usually better afterwards :)

Semaj said...

Nice, I've seen some restaurants with the dancing servers and workers too.

I can't dance, so I would never make it there. Plus, no one wants to see me dance either.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47