Little Shot of Horrors Cartoon show? (little shop)

Little Shot of Horrors Cartoon show?

Youtube suggested this clip with me, and I am a little shocked I knew nothing about this cartoon version of the 80s remake.

My first thought was this; why would anyone want to make cartoon version of the movie?

Here’s why I say that. The film is firmly a dark comedy/musical. There are a lot of gruesome and sexual things in the movie that can’t be translated into a Saturday morning cartoon show. The movie had a strange sexual relationship between Audrey and the Dentist and Seymour chapped up body parts to feed the plant. These aren’t things you want in a cartoon show.

Here’s the crazy part, Frank Oz helped create this child friendly version of the Little Shop Horrors. I also must add that I’m not a big fan of the character designs. They seem a bit sloppy. With the weak-ass rapping and poor drawing, this show is horrible.

Luckily, the show only lasted one season.

Notes:

-I like that they completely dropped the word “horror” from the title. We certainly don’t want our children asking about horror.

-This talking plant can rap!: Lame.

-The shows seems to be completely unrelated to the continuity of the movie.

-This plant is not an alien from space but from 2-million years in the past: So, where did he learn to rap?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Armond White loves Jonah Hex and hates Toy Story 3. (is it BS?)

Gamer gate some points

Daisy Summers/Daisy Haze is a Star Wars fan