Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Forbidden Coffee Shop

There must be doughnuts inside.

In other Chinese News that will get me banned forever, Starbucks is forbidden in the Forbidden City.

((The cafe was closed Friday under a reorganisation of private businesses operating in the grounds of the ancient palace which was the former residence of the Ming and Qing emperors ))

I can see their point in this matter. If I came all the way to China to visit the historical city of the Forbidden City, the last thing I'd want to see is a stupid Starbucks shop. I hate these stores in American, so I'd be a little pissed if I saw them everywhere else.

Yet, my hatred of these stores runs even deeper. I can't see why people spend butt-loads (is that a measurement) cash on coffee they can make themselves, for a cheaper price. Every time I go to the shop, I get confused as to which cup is small and which is the large. Why can't they say Small, Medium, and Large?

When people discover there's one open in the mall, people flock to it like moths to open flames, but instead of killing them with the heat, it just burns the cash from their pockets. Trust me, it's not just here in the US, people around the world LOVE Starbucks.

((Starbucks to leave the Forbidden City, saying that the cafe undermined the "solemnity of the Forbidden City and (trampled on) Chinese culture". ))

It trampled on my culture and I have no culture.

Note: The only way I'd buy coffee from that place again was if Katee Sackhoff served me the drinks.

Side Note: You want to know how much I hate Starbucks, check out this post for the cheesy marketing campaign they tried.

Only in the twisted world of Starbucks can a small be a tall and Medium be a grande. My head just hurts thinking about this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget china, that billion hits is gone to you, you have offended their 'flied lice!' :P

Also, I want to walk upto the Starbucks head honcho, and ask him in a load and serious tone, "I just want a cup of coffee!!!"

I personally don't understand when coffee was disowned as a standard, what, is it too hard?

And when did coffee become as expensive as a main course dinner, i can feed myself and a friend on the prices they ask.

I personally have stopped buying coffee, save for when i go to the airport, i get 15% off Costa there, my only guilty sin left.

Home brew ftw!!!

Semaj said...

You bring up some good points. It amazes me that people stand in line to get overpriced coffee.

"I just want a coffee, plain and hot."

I used to be a huge coffee guy, but now I just drink energy drinks instead.

But a home brewed cup of coffee with a bit of French vanilla cream sounds nice now.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47