Monday, October 07, 2024

Star Trek: The Next Generation 1x1-2 Encounter at Farpoint


Watching these young people watch old-school Trek brings back memories.  I love that new people are entering one of my favorite universes.  While I can’t get through Discovery, I like some of the new Trek stuff, but the Berman and Gene Star Trek has a warm place in my heart.  I left a long-winded comment on a first-time watcher of TNG about all the issues BTS on the first two seasons of TNG.  

TNG was my way gateway away from the terrible childhood I had.  Because I had so many issues growing up, TNG was a shining moment that kept me going, and I love that younger people are starting to get into the deeper meanings of Trek.  

Gene screwed that show over with his ego, drug abuse, and decaying health.  It is lucky that TNG even got a second season.  As much as he tried to protect TOS, Gene became TNG’s worst enemy.  

I just love watching these people watch Trek for the first time. 


No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47