Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Nostalgia Chick: Just some thoughts


I discovered a video about Lindsey, in a small segment, discussing her departure from the Internet.  

The cancellation of Linsey has always fascinated me.  Given that I’ve spent nearly 18 years being an Internet personality, if limited, I can’t seem to comprehend her reasoning for pulling away from the Internet for a year. I still can't get my thick brain around people attacking her over a stupid, half-baked comment about a movie most people don’t care about.   Why is my generation so attached to random people on Twitter, and what do they think of them?  Why is a Twitter mob so important to Gen X’er?  Keep in mind Lindsey, for better or worse, has made a name for herself outside the Internet and Twitter.  She is a woman that has made countless shows and written books.  Why does a group of BreadTubers matter to her?  

Maybe it was all the enemies she compiled over the years from burning too many bridges. Perhaps it was the “evil” bones of GamerGate.  I’ve been an outsider my whole life.  I know I piss people off, and I don’t care.  It is part of the internet.  Being nerds and geeks comes with the territory.  She should have been aware.  

Anyway, I hope she is happier now.  Remember, she is now a mother.  We might not see eye to eye on most things, but I hope she stands up for herself next time the woke mob comes for her. 

Side Note: I am 50% certain another former Channel Awesome creator read one of my posts recently and had a bit of a meltdown.


No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47