Monday, March 08, 2010

The Muppet Movie (Some thoughts)

The Muppet Movie (Some thoughts)

I just watched this movie

~The movie is full of people that are no longer alive. It is kind of sad watching it today. Here are a few dead people in the movie. Jim Henson, Milton Berle, Edgar Bergen, James Coburn, Dom DeLuise, Bob Hope, Madeline Kahn, Richard Pryor, Telly Savalas, Orson Welles,

~Orson Wells as a studio executive is rather funny, because he nearly lost everything by studio execs.

~Some of the Muppet Band members seem to be really high. Even though it was the 70s, I surprised they got away with that.

~I love the music in this movie.

~I’ve watched this classic movie hundreds of times in my lifetime and I wasn’t aware Mel Brooks was in the movie.

~Steve Martin is funny as hell as the waiter.

~I wasn’t old enough to watch the movie in the theater, but I had no idea the version I’ve been watching over the years isn’t exactly the same one that was shown in the theaters. Supposedly, the scenes are slightly longer than the theatrical version.

~Breaking the Fourth Wall: The movie is filled with characters breaking the fourth wall. At one point, some of the character break out the script for the movie and start reading it. Other times, they talk to the camera. I loved this as a kid.

~Carol Kane is very cute in her “Myth” role. Surprisingly, she still has a rather busy acting career.

Somehow, this movie has aged better than I thought it would. The jokes still hold up even today and it does bring back a lot of good childhood memories. If you can, go out and see this movie again.

Grade: B+

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47