Thursday, October 08, 2009

One-Episode wonders

One-Episode wonders

CNN did a post about shows that only lasted one episode and I did a few posts about them. I figured I’d talk about some of them on their list and a few that weren’t.

You're in the Picture: CBS canned this shitty show after one episode. It was hosted by Jackie Gleason. The show was so bad that Gleason spent the second episode talking about how shitty the show was! Can you believe that? I'd like the entire cast of The Hills to stand up and apologize for that show. The Gleason-hosted show morphed into the Jackie Gleason Show. I can't find the first episode or the apology. Here's a clip from the show the Jackie Gleason show.

Co-ed Fever: Again, I can't find any videos on this one-episode wonder. I was supposed to be a knock off of Animal House just through a TV format. Here's the kicker, Animal House actually has its own spinoff Delta House in 79.

Lawless: Any show that starred Brian Bosworth was probably bound to be canceled during the airing of the first episode. If the show was anything like his movie Stone Cold, I feel bad for anyone that watched Lawless.

Anchorwoman: Who the heck thought this show was going have legs? Watch this strange promo. Who the hell was Lauren Jones? (Another promo) . Keep in mind this was on the FOX Network, so there you go.

Osbournes: Reloaded (?): Wiki listed this as one of the shows that only lasted one episode, but I thought there was more than one episode. I already attacked this show in an earlier post. It is really a bad show.

Rosie Live: This Rosie O'Donnell show should have been considered a show that was canceled after one episode, but it seems NBC sort of spun it like it was a one-episode special. It wasn't.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47