Friday, December 28, 2007

50 Things I love about The Transformers: The Movie (26-30)

26. Megatron/Galvatron: I loved the scene where a broken down Megatron meets up with the all powerful Unicron. Megatron is even defiant when he’s near death. I liked the way they changed Megatron into Galvatron, and with many of his troops turning into different characters as well. I knew I was going to really like this character.

27. Leonard Nimoy as Galvatron: Yep, Mr. Spock lent his voice to the movie. Being a Trek fan, I was thrilled when I saw his name in the opening credits. I heard Nimoy doesn’t like to talk about his role in the movie. I mean he never really promoted the movie either. I wonder why?

28. The Death of Starscream: Finally after 2 seasons and 20 years in the TF continuity, the newly reconstructed Galvatron puts an end to Starscream. I loved how Starscream’s body turns to dust. This was another shocking moment, because Starscream was one of the central characters to the show. (He would return for two more episodes in season three as a ghost. Then, he would return for another episode in the Beast Wars series.)

29. Spike Witwicky grown up: Yep, Spike is all grown up and married to his girlfriend from the series. That was a nice touch of continuity with him marrying Carly. They had a son, who goes on to get an expanded role on the series. You usually don’t see these characters grow up and change in 80s shows.

30. Unicron eating the Moon Bases: Considering he usually ate planets, I guess ingesting moons is like a snack to him.

Starscream: Who disrupts my coronation?
Galvatron: Coronation, Starscream? This is bad comedy.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47